Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Four Months

We celebrated Lincoln being four months old by....doing absolutely nothing BUT cuddling at HOME! It was wonderful. No rush to take Luke to the sitters. No need to lug my pump and pump kit around. No anxious feelings as we pull into the parking lot at the hospital. No need to make sure to get in a few hours of visit before being kicked out.

He was able to sleep in his OWN bed. Not sure that he quite likes it though. Everytime we put him in, he wakes up minutes later wiggling and protesting. I'm trying to figure out if it's the bed, or if he's too smart for his own good and KNOWS mommy and daddy will hold him. Our first night was long. He acts much like any other newborn and wakes multiple times in the night. I think it's a bit of us trying to get to know each other a little better too.

Scottie is so anxious to be able to hold him any chance he gets. Luke and Savana will be keeping a bit of distance since they have a little cough. I'm assuming that's why Savana is giving a bit of a 'tude in this photo.

I think it's fair to say.....he didn't really like his bath. From the beginning, while undressing him, he let me know he wasn't into it. We made it quick. You just can't resist a freshly bathed baby!

It's been a perfect day!

9 comments:

  1. Yea! So exciting, congrats on making it home!
    He's so cute! I wish you the best in all to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I am so happy for you he looks wonderful. try a wedge pillow cuz he may like the feel of being snuggled by it it may help him sleep. I am so haapy for you guys!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! AWESOME pictures!! A NOISEMAKER was essential to our post-NICU survival.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH!!! I'm so glad to see that Lincoln finally made it home! What a cutie! Im glad to see that all is well and I wish you all the best! I can't wait to see him grow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! So happy you are home as one big happy family! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a sweet little family you have there megan! so happy for you. he sounds like a boy that knows what he wants - his momma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just received the link to your blog. I had no idea you had another little one. You guys have certainly had quite a year. I'm so glad things turned out well and little Lincoln is home. Congratulations!!!

    Love,
    Kristin Mortensen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah for you and your family! I am so excited for Lincoln to be HOME! You are amazing and I am so glad I was able to follow your story as it unfolded. You are all still in my prayers. May the best be yet to come! :) PS He is sooo CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yippee! I'm so happy for your family!

    ReplyDelete