Monday, May 24, 2010

Can't Get Enough!

We had the NICU Preemie Reunion this last Saturday. One of the things they asked of us was to bring a current picture of our preemie. So, you can bet I got the camera out and started snapping away.

I keep hearing this song on the radio. Never once did I hear it while he was in the hospital, but I feel it describes how I felt to a "T"

Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls:
And I'd give up forever to touch you,
Cause I know that you feel me somehow.
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be,
And I don't want to go home right now.

And all I can taste is this moment,
And all I can breathe is your life,
And sooner or later it's over,
I just don't want to miss you tonight.

And I don't want the world to see me,
Cause I don't think that they'd understand.
When everything's made to be broken,
I just want you to know who I am.

And you cant fight the tears that ain't coming,
When everything feels like the movies,
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive.

And I don't want the world to see me,
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand.
When everything's made to be broken,
I just want you to know who I am.

He was making so many funny faces it was cracking me up! I think he's getting used to a big camera in his face all of the time now. He definitely puts on a show :)


Alright Mom, gettin' a little tired here....this is hard work, you know!

And where are the pictures from the reunion you ask? Oh why, there's a simple answer to that... I had my camera in tow, but as I went to take pictures, I found out I had no memory card! My camera has no internal memory (or at least I haven't figured out how to make it work yet) and so no pictures!

It was fun seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones as well. The kids had a lot of fun. I tell you what, they sure know how to put on a party! There were hot dogs, cotton candy, sno cones, popcorn, brownies, donuts, games, face painting, bounce-houses, and the life-flight chopper.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, so cute!!! I am STILL so bummed that we couldn't make it. Waaaaah! Darling pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun. I love the pictures and the words to that song are perfect. Thanks for sharing. Our NICU grduate picnic in Boise in August. We can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously he is too adorable. I love the blanket you used in the background or piece of fabric. His eyes look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! He is so dang cute. I want to kiss his sweet little cheeks!!

    ReplyDelete