Thursday, January 21, 2010

Big Boy

New steps, every day. We've been working with the occupational therapist lately. She is very pleased with all that she observes with him. She's been showing me a few techniques on how to help him strengthen all the senses within his feet and hands. Also, she's shown me how to give him a few massages.



I'm thinking the face he pulled in the picture above is in protest of me putting him back in his crib.



Yep, that's what I said.....his crib. He got put in a new bed this week. It's kinda got a prison feel to me. And to make it more realistic, we put him in stripes. Nah, it just worked out that way. Wishing you could see his little onesie. I bought him some "newborn size" onesies. They fit him great!! They're meant for newborns anywhere from 5 to 8 pounds. He is five lbs ten ozs...yay!!



knock on wood, I don't want to curse myself, but I think he is starting to catch on to the whole breast-feeding thing! Annie, our O.T., says she likes the progress he's making and all of his effort. Hopefully it will be a matter of days until he's perfected it! I'm hoping all of our work isn't in vain. They're saying it's looking more and more like he'll need the shunt. Since he has hit the 2500 gram mark it could be a matter of days they decide to schedule him for surgery and send him back up to Primary's..... :( Whatever the final verdict is, I just want him to be happy, comfortable and safe. We'll make sure to update when we know more.

3 comments:

  1. That sad little eyebrow crinkle is so sweet! It breaks my heart but I love it. Tell Annie Darbi's Mom says hi! She was really helpful to us, even after we came home. I still call her with feeding questions. Good luck with the second trip to Primary's. :( You're in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, he is just faaaaar too cute! I just want to squeeze him! These pictures are reminding me of teeny tiny Crew. He was dressed in these very colors at this very size :) Oh, he just needs a little squeeeeeeeze!!!!! That is fantastic that he is catching on to the breastfeeding thing. Really fantastic. Tell us more about the tapping. Is that continuing to increase or has it leveled out again but still too much or what?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Audrey! I'll tell her next time we see her.

    Megan, argh...well, his tapping was bumped to every third day. They did a headscan and decided that every third day wasn't enough, that he had increased fluid. So, they went back to the every other day routine. They wanted to wait until he hit the 2500 gram point to determine whether he needed the surgery. He's hit 2500 grams, they're still tapping every other day, and now they are going to talk to the neurosurgeons today to see what they want to do. Trust me, I'm not excited at all. I just know this will ruin my whole attempt and progress with breast feeding. UNLESS he is up there for a minimum of three days, which we've heard is possible with everyone's cooperation and approval.

    ReplyDelete