Sunday, January 24, 2010

Teddy & Me

We were given a suggestion to take the kids to the store and pick out a toy for Lincoln. We found a little teddy bear and thought he would LOVE it.

....I'm thinking he really liked it!

Poor little guy.....he finally was scheduled to be transported back up to Primary's for his surgery. It's final, he needs the shunt. I wish it weren't so, but if it means relief and a resolution to his problem, I'm fine with it. He'll travel up there on Wednesday and have the surgery Thursday. The reason they determined he needed it was because his ventricles aren't decreasing in size. He's producing the fluid like he needs to, but the fluid isn't draining normally like it is with you or me.
We're not quite sure how the whole discharge process is going to work. I'm hoping he will only have to stay up there for a few days and then can come back to our hospital and work on feedings. Once we have the feedings down......home sweet home for Lincoln.... *hopefully*

3 comments:

  1. What a cutie!!! He has grown so much. Truly a little miracle baby! Keep up the good work, Lincoln. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my land!! These pictures are the best yet!! He is so munchable!!!!! I stopped by your house on Saturday, hoping maybe I would catch you home while I was in Provo, but I was out of luck!! Some day! Some day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watching this little trooper grow.
    Wishing him well on this next adventure.

    ReplyDelete